I'm a software developer and hardware engineer with experience in computer networking and OS development, currently working on Windows core networking components at Microsoft.
Software Engineer II2020 - Current Microsoft Corporation, Redmond, WA
- Implemented various features from earlier protocols in the Windows HTTP/3 client
- Designed and implemented a cross-VM proxy settings API for Windows Subsystem for Android
- Developed an extensible certificate generation library for use in automated testing
- Mentored an intern in adding support for HTTP request delegation to a performance test tool
- Added support for efficient background connections in WinHTTP
Software Engineer2018 - 2020 Microsoft Corporation, Redmond, WA
- Refactored WinHTTP, WinINet, HTTP.SYS, and DNS to support state separation for Windows 10X
- Enabled independent TLS configuration per virtual host in HTTP.SYS for Azure Front Door
- Added fine-grained HTTP API performance metrics for Microsoft Exchange Online
- Created a drop-in compatibility layer linking legacy test suites to a modern DevOps pipeline
- Added support for IPv6 Fast Fallback, TLS False Start, and TCP Fast Open in WinHTTP
Software Engineer InternSummer 2017 Microsoft Corporation, Redmond, WA
- Developed a C# .NET Core application for end-to-end performance and reliability testing of Windows container networks
- Configured Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, and Azure Service Fabric clusters for deployment
Engineering Consulting2020 - 2021 Delphire Inc., Pasadena, CA
Designed and built a prototype IoT sensor for a startup company.
Open-Source Development2015 - 2021
- Packaged modern webmail software for inclusion in Debian.
- Designed and built a self-sustaining IoT wireless mesh network using solar-powered Raspberry Pi Zero nodes and IEEE 802.11s as a senior design project.
- Developed an extensible robot control system and built a quadcopter as a proof-of-concept.
Clinical Affairs InternSummer 2015 Second Sight Medical Products, Sylmar, CA
Developed, documented, tested, and verified patient evaluation and data analysis software for the Argus II sight-restoring ocular implant.
FIRST Robotics Competition Team 6912011 - 2015
Programming lead, webmaster, and system administrator.
University of California at Irvine2015 - 2018
B.S. Computer Engineering
Minor in Information and Computer Science
Graduated Cum Laude
College of the Canyons2009 - 2016
A.S. Computer Science
Graduated Magna Cum Laude
Dual-enrolled while in high school
Osaka University, Japan (大阪大学)Summer 2016
Japanese Short-Stay In-Session Language Program